Mile-High is looking for the cream of the crop of the industry. Accordingly, the following list provides a summary of the qualifications and attributes we are currently seeking:
- A commercial driver’s license (CDL) class “A”
- A current Department of Transportation medical card
- No serious of disqualifying traffic violations within the past 3 years, as follows:
Excessive Speeding, involving any single offense, or any speed of 15 m.p.h.
Reckless Driving, as defined by State of Local Law or Regulation, including but not to the offense of driving a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property
Improper or erratic lane changes
Following too close
Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs within the last 3 years
Hit and run; Leaving the scene of an accident; Failure to report an accident
No more than 4 moving violations in the past 3 years, and no more than 2 in the previous 12 months (Must provide MVR with Application)
No preventable accident involving a fatality, bodily injury treated away from the scene, or disabling damage to a motor vehicle requiring it to be towed from the scene – within 3 years
- Must pass mandatory DOT drug screen test, as required by section 382.41 FMCSR
- Must have current DOT physical, as required by section 391.82 FMCSR
- Must provide verifiable work history for the past 10 years, with no gaps, as per section 391.21 (b) (11). Use month to month only (vs. days). Sample: From 10/92 to 12/96
- Must be able to provide phone numbers, W-2’s, or other acceptable means of verification for work, covering the last 3 years.
- Must be able to reach and speak English, per section 391.11 part 2 FMCSR.
- No more than 1 DOT reportable accident in the last 3 years (Must be filled out on application).
- Must be able to pass the physical qualifications set by the Department of Transportation.